Stuck Pipe Prevention
Skill | 1-2 Days | In-Classroom, On-site, Virtual
4.9 Score | Average client rating (based on 452 attendee reviews)
The “Stuck Pipe Prevention Training Course” covers essential skills for drilling and completions teams. This training program is specifically designed for drilling and completions teams, including operators, drilling contractors, and service companies. The course aims to provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of stuck pipe prevention, including identifying the root causes and mechanisms of stuck pipe and the best practices for avoiding such scenarios. Additionally, the training will cover how to free stuck pipes and the importance of hole cleaning. The course agenda are customised to address topics relevant to the delegates.
The main objectives of this course are to provide participants with the necessary knowledge and skills to prevent stuck pipe situations, from well design and construction to drilling operations. In addition, the course will cover the proper use of equipment for freeing stuck pipe and the safety measures that should be taken during these operations.
By the end of the course, participants will have a basic understanding of the following:
- The philosophy behind stuck pipe prevention.
- The mechanisms and risk factors that lead to stuck pipe incidents.
- How to anticipate, prevent, recognize, and resolve stuck pipe incidents due to wellbore instability, hole cleaning, differential sticking, and wellbore geometry.
- The mechanics of wellbore stresses and their impact on wellbore stability.
- How to analyse trends and identify early warning signs of developing wellbore problems.
- Techniques to ensure wellbore stability and efficient hole cleaning in both vertical and deviated wellbores.
- The mechanics of jars and accelerators and how to use them effectively.
- Techniques for calculating jar forces and safety measures for jar operation.
- Best practices for drilling and tripping, flow check, and connection procedures.
This training course is ideal for the entire drilling and completions team, including operators, drilling contractors, and service companies, who wish to enhance their understanding of stuck pipe prevention and learn the best practices for avoiding it.
Participants should have a basic understanding of drilling operations, drill string components, and drilling fluids before enrolling in this course.
Duration: 2 days
Product Type: Course
Formats Available: In-Classroom, On-Site, Virtual
Instructor: Soren Hartmann Linkedin