Deepwater Drilling Operation I
Foundation | 3-5 Days | In-Classroom, On-site, Virtual
4.6 Score | Average client rating (based on 102 attendee reviews)
This comprehensive training course is tailored for individuals who work closely with the operations departments within their organizations and are involved in deepwater drilling. The course offers an in-depth understanding of deepwater drilling processes, equipment, and limitations, as well as the risks and challenges associated with drilling in deep waters.
This course aims to provide participants with a thorough understanding of deepwater drilling operations, enabling them to plan and execute work more efficiently and safely. The course will also help participants blend into the onboard culture and establish themselves as valuable team players.
Throughout the course, participants will have the opportunity to ask questions and delve into specific topics that are relevant to their organisation.
This course provides a solid understanding for both entry-level and experienced drilling professionals for deepwater drilling technology.
By the end of the course, participants will have gained a thorough understanding of:
- History and development of deepwater drilling
- Deepwater locations, geology, and geomechanics
- Overburden and compaction
- Pore and fracture pressures
- Metocean environment and seafloor
- Rigs, selection, and capabilities
- Rig equipment and technology
- Station keeping and dynamic positioning
- Open water operations before setting BOP
- BOP and drilling riser running
- Operations after BOP
- BOP systems
- Subsea wellheads and casings
- Drilling fluids
- Dual activity operations
- Well optimisation
- Drilling equipment
- Key aspects of well control
- Hazards, risk and challenges
- MPD systems
- Safety Procedures and Protocols
- Emerging Equipment and Technological Developments
- Nice to know and next step
This course is ideal for drilling professionals and support staff who seek a comprehensive understanding of deepwater drilling operations and the associated risks and challenges.
A basic understanding of drilling operations from floating installations is preferred. Alternatively, completion of Drilling Technology I or Introduction to Deepwater Drilling is required.
Duration: 3-5 days
Product Type: Course
Formats Available: In-Classroom, Onsite, Offsite, Online
Instructor: Soren Hartmann Linkedin