After Action Review (AAR) – Planning and Facilitation
Drillconsult’s AAR is a unique tool to analyse an operation and learn all the lessons it can teach. Our AAR can be used to improve performance and safety on an ongoing drilling campaign or at the end of the campaign to capture learnings and define actions for future use.
By bringing together stakeholders and using operational performance data, lessons learned, including detailed lessons learned directly from the offshore crew, our AAR can deliver insights that would otherwise be missed.
Selecting Drillconsult to design and facilitate your AAR frees up time and allows you to focus on your primary responsibilities and tasks. With more than 30 years of industry experience, we are able to understand your operation, processes and equipment involved.
Every AAR is different, not only because two operations are different, but also because the challenges encountered are different and how the findings will be implemented.
The AAR is facilitated smoothly and efficiently, managing room dynamics and avoiding pitfalls, ensuring that focus remains on what adds value to future operations.
The AAR can be facilitated as a Face-to-Face AAR and a virtual eAAR.
Drillconsult has a long and robust track record of delivering high-yielding AARs, with consistently high customer satisfaction scores.
What Drillconsult do
Depending on the type and format of AAR or eAAR, Drillconsult also handles all practicalities:
- Initial interview to align on expectations
- AAR proposal with AAR type and format
- Design of AAR process and Agenda
- Identification of required participants and workgroup setting
- Request of required data and information
- Collect and quality checks presentations
- Brief of host and preselectors
- Send invitations to participants
- Book venue and catering
- Book hotel rooms
- Design of AAR backup plans (what if)
- Set up the venue and handle catering
- Dry run of AAR
- Facilitate the AAR
- Run evaluation
- Liaise with venue and catering
- Handles all practicalities
- Process of outcome
- Submit AAR presentation with pictures
- Follow-up session
- Implementation of findings (if agreed)
Product Type: Workshop
Formats Available: In-Classroom, Virtual
Facilitator: Soren Hartmann Linkedin